Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What I Wore: September 5

It's still funny to me when I blog about what I wear... I have never really thought of myself as a super-stylish person... I like to pull things together well, but I never really put tons of effort into it where I felt that I would have something worthwhile to share with others about getting dressed. Following What I Wore Wednesdays has helped me branch out from my basic staples and be more creative about the colors I wear and combos I come up with (i.e... don't always wear the same shirt with the same pants. Make different outfits.)
But now, I am SUPER EXCITED to share a little bit about what I wear each day... as a new ambassador for Noonday Collection, I've found a new purpose for pulling the outfit together... empowering others across the globe with our purchases! Hey, as a working woman, I am always trying to make my wardrobe stretch as far as it can, but it's got to have a certain level of polish and professionalism. Great accesssories like a colorful necklace, statement bracelet, or a great pair of earrings really help give some variety to familiar old outfits, and at the same time, bump up the stylie points, too! (I love to wear basics, which makes one of my outfits sans accessories pretty boring. But easy to match.)
 First up:
Gray tank: Lands End Canvas. New favorite place for teacher clothes :) 
Black bubble skirt: Kohls. Years ago, I know. 
Sandals: Ssekos from Noonday Collection.
Necklace: The Twisted Necklace from Noonday Collection. Here's the story: 
Seriously here. It's not just fun to put on a beautiful necklace... you are empowering a man to earn a living wage, save for his education and much needed medical procedures, and most importantly, giving him HOPE. That's something I'm excited to share!

 Next up: 
White sweater: Forever 21
Pink tshirt: H and M
Blue linen pants: Target
White driving mocs: Target
 Necklace: Beza Charm Necklace
This is the kind of necklace that makes people ask you about it. My favorite is the color of the leather straps... it's not gold, and it's not silver, and it pretty much goes with everything. The handmade beads are pretty much the same color, and the cool thing about them is that they are made from melted down artillery. 
Read the story of hope from one of the artisans, Adissalem:
So beautiful.

 Here I am doing my best June Cleaver pose in the kitchen after Back to School Night. 
I love this dress so much, we call it "the Back to School Night Dress" at work. Which parent is going to notice that I wear the same dress each year? Probably no one. 
Special this year: I am wearing flats, and therefore, still smiling after Back to School Night. Somehow, the parents came in almost 20 minutes early, and I was still in my cheater shoes. Stayed in them all night. (So glad I didn't bring the usual Rainbow flipflops!) 
Dress: Calvin Klein, Macy's 
Shoes: Zac and Zoe, Payless.
I wanted to highlight some of the more delicate silver jewelry from Noonday... many times the accessories have more of a global flair to them, but these are simple and classic
Sterling Circles Necklace: Handmade in Bali by a group that utilizes fair trade standards in the workplace. A portion of profits also provides a micro credit loan towards a business woman. Awesome. I could wear this one every day. 
Circles Forever Bangle: Noonday Collection
Stamped Circle Earrings: a glamorous addition to any outfit, from Noonday Collection, made in India:
These are the people I think about, and pray for as I get dressed in the morning, and why I am so excited to share what I wore with you! 
Go check out some more at the Pleated Poppy today!
See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment