Monday, September 10, 2012

Make it happen Monday

Mondays are tough. (That's why I drink coffee).
I felt that today showing up for my first class... oh my, there was a lack of energy everywhere I went. It was as if the whole world needed another 3-day weekend. (Sí, ¡por favor!!!) 
Sometimes there's a little something that helps us "make it happen" around here, and finish the day.
Today, it's Pandora radio. 

I cook with my Ipad, using the Cozi website for recipes and lists, and Pandora plays while I work. Tonight's channel? Hymns, to keep our hearts in the right place at one of the most stressful times of the day. Somehow the music keeps me moving and the rest of the family calm, and it's enough background noise that no one is asking to turn on the TV.

We ended up sitting down to Basil Orange Chicken, with couscous and salad (carrots for Hannah, she doesn't do salad yet) and some orange slices for fun. Micah calls them "the taste of AYSO", and Hannah and I love to make orange smileys while we suck the juice out of the slice. It's the little stuff like this that makes the day feel special. And I know that Hannah notices little blessings like this as she blessed dinner tonight:
"Dear God, thank for my orange. And for Grandma's arm getting better. And Meemaw and Pa, and my school and oranges and my Spanish songs. Amen." 
That's right little honey. 
Count those blessings.
Thank you Lord, we made it through the day! 
On to the next one! 

ps- this is in no way a paid advertisement. Just sharing what helps us pull it together when life gets busy and make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment