Sunday, September 19, 2010

There's a lot to see in this world, that's for sure, and we saw a lot of it today at the Long Beach Antiques Market. It was the most awe-inspiring outdoor shopping experience I have ever had, and we saw stuff that I never would have imagined... am I really old enough for some of my toys to be sold at an antiques market? No... couldn't be. I love old kitchen antiques, and hanging racks for pots and pans, fun coats, hats, scarves, chunky costume jewelry, funny vintage signs, anything bakelite, and old fashioned toys (yes, older than mine!) There was lots of stuff that I thought, "I could totally use that!" (example: the red Schwinn Twinn. Totally wanted that. I might have even coveted it.) And some stuff, I wondered if anyone really needed that (like the naked lady needlepoint. seriously. jules and i saw it on the way to the bathroom. who does that sort of thing?). All in all, a fascinating mix, and some great people watching, too! My favorite were the two people dressed as pirates in broad daylight and end of summer heat. Fun to see, and so glad Hannah was not pointing!

As always, seeing the world through Hannah's eyes is so much more refreshing, and as soon as we let her out of the stroller, she was off checking out anything and everything that makes her say "Oooohhhh!" (We heard a lot of that!)
Here are some of her favorites:

a cool old trike... just like the one you have at home, honey!

a parasol to keep that hot sun off!

Ok, the parasol was too cute for words. Once I told her it was just like Mary Poppins, she took off with that thing, feeling so pretty and important! I love this picture and Micah. They are so cute together. They looked at a lot of cars together. She's got a thing for the "vroom-vrooms" lately, and Micah could not be prouder.

We finished off the day with a delicious birthday lunch for Aunt Teri at the Lazy Dog Cafe, which we had never tried, and I have to say, the Lazy Dog burger is definitely worth a try. Such a great day. The weekend should never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment