Sunday, September 5, 2010

"That's a nice bike."

I've been riding my bike more often lately. I ride it to the grocery store, (where I always seem to be). Hannah is sick so I needed to go get some soup stuff, so off I went, helmet and all on my little green bike. I feel like I am taking my life in my hands any time I ride near cars.
There's a lot of construction right now on some of our main streets, so getting there was crazier than I had expected. I pretty much took the sidewalk. Just to be safe. (Ironically, all this construction that was making my bike ride so dangerous, is because they are adding bike lanes).
After my shopping trip I decided on a longer route home (my balance with a full basket is pretty comical). There are less hills and WIDE sidewalks... so this was definitely the safer choice.
While waiting at the light on Paseo de Valencia and El Toro, 2 Harleys roll up. If Micah ever had a motorcycle, it would look like these bikes. Black, understated, but everything really done right. They were really nice bikes. And surprisingly, as I'm (finally) crossing the street, one of the guys says, "Hey, that's a nice bike."
I kind of laughed, but said, "Wow, thanks!"
Then, they laughed even harder because they were talking to each other... not to me. On my bicycle.
It's ok, we all got a good laugh, and in the end, I do think it's a nice bike.

And that's my story for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment