Tuesday, September 28, 2010

a delicious mess.


To do list.
It used to be something I made when I was going to have a really busy day.
Now, every day is really busy.
And I always seem to be rolling through the same to-do list when I am home, along with whatever comes at us that day.
email. errands to run. something interesting comes up. who knows.
Some days, I can hardly keep up.
And some days, it all gets done, and then some, and I have no idea how, except somebody prayed for me, and by the grace of God, it was a good day!
Today, I had one of those looming to-do lists from school. I did not know which way it was going to go.
I had a cold over the weekend, and so I just squeaked by with the necessities, and some stuff would have to be done this week, when I was feeling better.
OH MY.
Then I realized that I needed to update grades/write a test/enter comments and citizenship for the grading period/answer a ton of email and file it accordingly/and reschedule the Spain Tour... all in one day.
God is good and Hannah took a blessed 2 and a half hour nap!
So, I answered email, played with my test until I loved it, sent out some more email, etc. and then... thought about what to make for dinner.
We have a big bowl of veggies sitting in our fridge. They are from our garden, and they are probably the last thing that I want to go to waste.
So, with the a/c blasting, I baked up some chocolate zucchini bread (and muffins, because I had enough zucchini to double the recipe, but then didn't realize that the recipe had already been doubled - it really smelled chocolatey in here!) Those got a little toasty. Will bake them for less time next time. Hard to tell when chocolate bread is done, it's already darker than golden brown! Maybe I'll try this recipe.
And then, I made spaghetti sauce from our tomatoes and basil. It was delish (or at least it turned out decently) and we were so excited to eat from our happy little veggie patch!
I am so thankful for the few hours in the afternoon to just play around in my kitchen.
It was one delicious mess.
And now my dishwasher is washing away.
And I am going to bed, ready to start the next day.
Thank you, Lord for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment