Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tortilla Soup.


Potty training makes it harder for Hannah to settle for a nap lately, and so she's super ready for bed by 8 o'clock or so. Last night it was taking me a while to get dinner prepped (it was Cajun Shrimp Boats, with steamed potatoes and collard greens, and I was completely out of energy, so it just took me forever) and so Micah put Hannah to bed and we had the pleasure of settling down in the living room for dinner and a movie... just the two of us.
Streaming movies through Netflix is my favoritefavoritefavorite innovation in latest techonology... and I picked Tortilla Soup. SO satisfied with this movie... I was thinking about it all day! I love the cooking footage in this film.... I love food prep (even when it takes forever) and I long for serious chopping skills like the dad (he's a chef) in this movie. The music, the food, his chopping skills, totally reminded me of nights when dinner is so fun to put together.
My family has been doing Sunday night dinners, and it's also fun to dream about preparing such elaborate meals for my own family, and I loved watching the three daughters each make "announcements" of their own. It's kind of like a "Fiddler on the Roof" storyline (but set in LA), each daughter breaking tradition in her own way... but there's a lot of food, a lot of humor, and a lot of Spanglish!
Five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment