Tuesday, June 14, 2011

potty training!

When I'm asked how the summer is going these days, my response is: "We're potty-training, and trying work preschool out". And it's no surprise that people look at me like, "Don't you know how to have any fun?" Yes. The answer is yes. I do, but later on in the summer. I'll just take care of some business. And I've pretty much made up my mind that this is fun (even though sometimes it's not) and I'm pretty sure that Hannah is buying into it, too!
She's pretty much a potty training champ... she'll pee anywhere we take that little potty! And she even went once on a public potty! She's still yet to drop the big poop in the potty, but I just know it will be one of these days soon!
How cute is she perched on her little pot in the trunk? Like I said, anywhere!
She makes me so proud, I think I'm having fun!

As far as preschool goes, we've checked out:
Good Shepherd Lutheran in Irvine (Micah's family favorite)
Orangetree Christian Preschool in El Toro (I've got my heart set on this school, I love it)
Lutheran Church of the Cross in Laguna Woods (awesome, but won't take her til she's totally three, in the fall of 2012 - that sounds like a distant future year, doesn't it?)
and Abiding Savior Lutheran in Lake Forest. (Amazing school. Too far out of the way according to Micah.)
As we start the application process, I keep feeling like I should have filled out the FAFSA form as this is all reminding me of college tuition and applications! Alas, there is no such aid for preschoolers that way, and so now I think we should start encouraging newlyweds (or at least new parents) to start saving for preschool! As Micah loves to grumble every time we pass into a new stage..."Nobody ever tells you about this stuff!" He said that twice today: Once about preschool tuition, and the other time when Hannah left a doody on the living room floor. (First time for that one. In her defense, we had just had a loooong talk about not pooping in her panties. Ok. We're more specific now. Poop in the potty!)
It's amazing how fast things are changing around here these first few days of summer. I'd imagine there will be many more surprising discoveries like this before school starts in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment