Sunday, November 14, 2010

She's two today.

Today was Hannah's second birthday. It's amazing to think that it has already been one year since her first birthday, and two years since the "birth day". I had a bit of deja vu this morning, as I thought I was going to wake up at 5 and get a jump on the day, but instead decided to sleep in until 6:30. At 6:30 I thought, "I've really got to get up now." Which is exactly what I thought on November 14, 2008, just before I got up to go to the bathroom and my water broke. Game on. And it's been a whirlwind ever since. I think last year, I felt more like we had "made it!" more than we were celebrating a birthday... this year, it feels more like Hannah's special day. It has been fun in so many ways, from how I could not sleep last night (like a kid before Christmas!) because I was soo excited to give Hanners her new red wagon, to watching it register to her that maybe, just maybe, all of this fun stuff today is for HER. She started to figure this out at breakfast today, when Uncle Jon told her "Happy Birthday"... she looked at him like, "Everyone keeps saying that to me today!" Birthday is starting to mean fun things to her, like presents and cake. And bounce houses. Yesterday, Hannah went to her cousin Kate's birthday, and was on Cloud 9 because it was an Elmo party, with an Elmo bounce house. It was amazing, and I know she didn't want to go home... she had a blast bouncing around with all of her cousins! Hannah has grown and changed so much in one year, from the wee bitty baby cruising around furniture, to the active toddler who zips around checking out her whole world. It's definitely clear what interests her, and what does not. So we tried to make it a day of favorites for her: blueberry pancakes, swimming fish, birds, a cupcake, and of course, Sesame Street. Today, we started off with her favorite special breakfast at Coco's: the blueberry pancake combo! She only wanted eggs today. Ok. Then, we all headed down to Sea World: Mommy, Daddy, Grandpas and Grandmas, Aunts and Uncles, and Mommy's friends... Hannah is so blessed to have so very many people that love her! How do you put into words a special day like today? You don't. Here's some favorite shots from the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment