Sunday, March 7, 2010

it fits my life!

3 x 5 cards.
of all things i use in life... these keep me organized and my mind flowing in the same direction more than any calendar, device, computer program, book, etc. I like the way I can move them around.
as a spanish teacher, i probably have a much greater appreciation for these things than the average person. (how many vocab terms have i picked up in my lifetime? millions, i am sure, as i learn a few everyday... checking the history on my phone's dictionary, yesterday's words were: hedgehog and plum (erizo y ciruela). Random thoughts abound,and the list goes on...)
I have planned my wedding (and many important parties) with stacks of 3x5 cards, written research papers, memorized Bible verses, given speeches, copied recipes, planned workouts, made grocery lists, planned lessons, and made countless Spanish games... all on 3x5 cards.
My newest use for these?
Best journal ever. Small enough to carry around, plenty of space, and then i can tuck them behind my pictures in my Project Life. (one photo for every day of the year... I'm behind in journaling back to February. Ouch. Plus, now I don't have to be looking for that "perfect journal"...I would be too afraid to write in it any way.

How do you use 3x5 cards?
Do you love anything like I love 3x5 cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment