Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: Here and There!

I'm joining the What I Wore Wednesday movement this week! I've been following for a while, brushing up my style for work and home, and each Wednesday I am thankful for new inspiration! Check out the others linked up at the Pleated Poppy this week, and prepare to get hooked!

 I've just returned from a missions trip to Argentina... so strange to start with clothes when I've got a whole trip to talk about, but I'm just starting SUPER small here: I'm extra excited to have some fun getting dressed this week. After living out of a suitcase for a while, it's the small blessings like the chance to flat iron, choice of lipstick, accesssories, and fresh clothes (after washing clothes in the sink, the wonders of the washing machine never cease to amaze me!! I am so thankful!) Some of these were from before I left, as I had intended to post my first "What I Wore" before my trip, but you know how things go right before travel... so now I get to include the first tidbits from my trip along with what I wore!
 Here's my 30th birthday:
Black dress - Target Red espadrilles - Payless, in the last millenium, I think. Still favorites. Baja blanket belt - Target. Love the colors! Red coral necklace - gift from my friend Mandy. It's from Panama. La Rosa earrings - gift from my friend Meg. I love what a conversation starter they are... you never know who plays Lotería! Red watch I received from my sister for my birthday should also be added here... though I received it after this photo was shot!

 Last day of errands and packing before the trip:
Green dress - Target, probably 7 years ago. Jeggings - Also from Target. This outfit is ridiculously comfortable when I have a super-productive day ahead! Sandals - Ssekos. Bought these as a friend was raising funds for her adoption a year ago. I now own several pairs of straps and pretty much wear them everyday. But, it was going to be really cold in Argentina, so they weren't getting packed, so I was relishing a last day wearing them! Colorful bag - birthday gift from my sister, who knows me too well. I love this thing! Totally completes the outfit!

 Next: off for my favorite run before Argentina. Also, out of most decent clothes, because I had packed it all to layer in winter weather!
Tanktop - aeropostale. I love the length of this tanktop, I wear it for layers, workouts, yoga, and a coverup at the beach! Running shorts - Target. Shoes - Nike. From Nordstrom Rack. Gift card from a student!

 In Buenos Aires: we were privileged to attend Bible Study at Argentina's Congress building with members of Parlamento y Fé.
So I wore the best I had packed: black dress: Target black leggings: Target Black ballet flats: Old Navy Amethyst scarf: Noonday Collection. I love the color of this scarf. It really pops against anything, and has delicate black threads woven into it, as well. Another interesting fact about this photo... I am standing next to one of three of Rodan's signed thinker statues. It looks like some other people signed it, too, but it was still really cool to see this up close! The congress building is in the background. We spent a lot of thinking time in this park during the trip!

On the playground:
Striped sweater - Banana Republic (actually second-hand from Buffalo Exchange) Jeans - Express (same, I made a run to Buffalo Exchange before the trip!) Red scarf - a favorite from Target (of course). Red is sometimes difficult to coordinate with other red accessories, but this scarf has so many shades of red, I can easily throw it on with anything!

La Boca: (with Shannon, one of my sweet roomies) I love color. This neighborhood is a crazy colorful part of town down by the harbor, where immigrants used to build houses out of whatever they could get their hands on.
It was chilly, so here I am bundled up in: Hace Frio Scarf - Noonday Collection. A gift from my sweet friend Sara, just in time for my trip. So perfect. I wore this scarf nearly everyday. And if I wasn't wearing it, someone else was. It's a favorite for sure, especially in that peacock color. Teddy bear sweatshirt - The North Face. A gift from my mother in law. Jeans - Express Boots - my birthday gift from Micah for this trip. I really needed them. It was COLD!

Here we are in La Boca again. (pictured with my AMAZING airport group) This time after a 24-hour bus ride back in from Andacollo, so we are all dressed in our comfies: Black running shirt and stretchy pants: Road Runner Sports (Christmas gifts from Micah) Red Velcro Vans: old favorites from my sister-in-law Aimee Red scarf: Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment