Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hannah and the cheerios

Just editing from yesterday... as I can't seem to post more than 14 words from my cell phone. I'll get a new one. Really soon. With a great camera on it.
Anyhow, same story. Maybe a few more thoughts later, if Hannah continues to nap like an angel. Or I'll just start now: She's all pooped out from playing with Amber in Ladera. We are back from a walk in the sunshine and some playtime at the park. I have been longing for a snow day, as I see pictures coming in from all over the country of family homes dusted with white snowflakes. But today, I was very thankful for my California sunshine.
We are still waiting for Hannah to walk, but the day will come soon enough I am sure. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she does it on the playground, as she is now super-excited to be moving around like a big girl, and wants to do everything ALL BY HERSELF. (i.e. she is learning to climb, and you had better not try to help or steady her or anything, ALL BY HERSELF!) Feeding too. Not as interested in purees as much, unless she is teething, she wants some of your food, and she wants to eat it all by herself!
Speaking of eating, and doing things all by herself: my post from yesterday. I had to let the world know how funny this was right away, because well, I was cracking up:
"I just caught Hannah trying really hard to get something from under the fridge. I thought it was one of her favorite new "little people" toys from Christmas. Nope. It was all those Cheerios that I swept under there this morning when I dropped the box early this morning. (Nothing gets past this girl). So, we are sitting down for a snack. From the box."
Ironically, Hannah seems to sample food from strange places while I am in the kitchen trying to be a good mom and puree some healthy stuff for her! The other time she did this, was when she was first crawling and exploring the kitchen. I was pureeing something really quickly (seriously, like 5 seconds, and she crawled around the corner. Not thinking there was much for her to get into, I came around to check on her, and found her examining a stray bit of dog food that had made it across the kitchen. Awesome. (that was sarcasm)
Food. This reminds me I am gearing up for the weekly trip to Trader Joe's. Thinking of what to have for New Year's Eve: some fondue perhaps? Maybe just appetizers? I think we are rock 'n bowling for a bit that night. Hopefully. We did that a few years ago, and it was the best. Except for the year we were in Mammoth. Again, wishing for snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment