Monday, October 11, 2010

Fun fall shopping.

I HEART Etsy.
For many reasons.
It's my favorite place to find handmade things I'd love to make for Hannah... but already done, and beautifully so, by someone with even more creativity and skill than I envisioned in the first place.
These items always arrive in my mail (love it! so special to get fun mail!)and quite often lovingly wrapped up in sweet ribbon. Hannah knows when the extra key comes out of the mailbox, something special is in the big mailbox! She loves opening it!
This weekend, it was a sweet crocheted earflap beanie. Pink and brown. She looks delicious, and LOVES wearing it, too! She's definitely a hat girl!
Many of my favorite sellers are also authors of some of my favorite craft blogs, and I love following their creative journeys!
Today, I love Etsy, because as I logged on to convo the seller from my last purchase to tell her that I LOVE the new hat, I found these fall goodies. For babies. So sweet. But Hannah is not a baby anymore. That's sweet and sad all at the same time.



Today, Micah took us out for a special breakfast at Coco's, because he was gone all weekend at a men's retreat, and she's now grown-up enough to color quietly at the table (and even on the table, but it came off with the miraculous baby wipes, thank goodness!) and line up sugar packets to practice counting. No running around the restaurant during the meal... well, until it was time to leave, at least. That's probably because she was too busy eating all of her breakfast favorites: scrambled eggs, blueberry pancakes, and even bacon! (Does she know that's meat? I wonder...maybe she's not a vegetarian after all!) It was precious, and we were so proud, that she was able to enjoy the special moment, eating and learning, rather than fussing and fighting.
Sorry no pictures, we were too busy enjoying the moment!

Back to Etsy. These other goodies were still posted on the site, though they have unfortunately sold. I'm going to have to recreate this Thanksgiving jumper. And put the Autumn wreath on her head. And make her pose in a picture with those felted pumpkins.
Fall is fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment