Monday, May 10, 2010

i heart trader joe's.

I know, I know, every one hears how much everyone else LOVES trader joe's.
Initially, it was not the ideal place for me to stock up for the Nourse home. They do not sell Coke. Nor are there any baby diapers there. I can buy all of these at my neighborhood Vons. BUT, I can also buy just about anything else you can think of at Vons... resulting in a HUGE grocery bill. Eww.
I heard a Trader Joe's ad on the radio challenging the listener to come in and see if they saved money on their groceries shopping at Trader Joe's. YES! It works!!! I save at least 30 bucks each time! Seriously!

And, each time I shop there, I find more things that just make me happy to shop there!
1. sweet potatoes, already peeled and cut in the form of french fries!
2. the triple berry bran muffin mix (Hannah's absolute favorite, even more than the ba-ba)
3. blueberry bread, so awesome for toast (Hannah's second fave)
4. the lemon yogurt. and the greek yogurt too, but the lemon yogurt is the best I've ever had
5. the samples!
6. pizza dough
7. i like how not all the meat comes in those gross styrofoam trays. hamburger comes in exactly one pound square, i love it!
8. 100 calorie dark chocolate bars.
9. their coffee, though it all comes in whole bean. then i discovered the grinder. works much better than my blender at home!
10. the raffle for free groceries. just for using one of their cute shopping bags!
11. that they load the groceries for me! saves on my achy shoulder!
12. freeze-dried fruit. hannah will do anything for those bananas... magical
13. their corn tortillas. awesome. taste so fresh. and the salsa autentica. anyone knows how particular i am about my mexican food, too!
14. they gave hannah stickers today. as if she didn't love the grocery shopping enough (because i was letting her snack on the bananas!) it was hilarious watching her figure what those were good for! sticky-ness was so mysterious for her!
15. happy people work there!

No comments:

Post a Comment