Wednesday, July 14, 2010

the rhythm of summer

I am pausing during nap time.
Every time I turn on the radio,I hear Katy Perry singing about "California Girls"... that is the perfect summer song! Makes me want to go to the beach with my girls! I remember how carefree that was... just throw on the bikini and a dress and go!
Must stay focused. I should be packing. That is what is on my list of things to do today. It's actually on my list of things to do at some point EVERY DAY now that summer is in full swing! I've decided that there is a definite rhythm to mommyhood in the summer time,and it goes like this:
pack (for beach,pool,playdate, etc). don't forget to make lunch. come home and unpack. also clean out the lunch containers, sippy cups and the bottle (still, i know, she needs it to go to sleep!) and wash towels, dry swimsuits.
repeat.
pack and unpack.
but the playtime in between? so priceless. i do love playing with my little girl in the sunshine.
today we are meeting sara and kate to swim. after i pack for the houseboat trip. and the pool, of course.
i should not be wasting nap time.
must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment